Do you know how many cups of water you need to drink each day?
Although it’s common knowledge that one should drink 8 glasses of water everyday, we all have different needs and require different amounts of water. It depends on several factors like your body weight, the kind of climate you live in, and your lifestyle.
- The higher you weigh; the more water you need.
- The higher the temperature you live in, more the water you need.
- The more amount of work you do, the more water you need.
For example, if you weigh 60 kg, live in a temperate climate and live a lifestyle with moderate activity levels, you need 2500 ml/ 10 glasses of water.
Here’s how you can distribute your water intake:
- Drink two glasses when you wake up: This will prevent dehydration and will energize you for the whole day.
- Drink a glass 30 minutes before every meal: drinking water before meals aids in weight loss.
- Drink one to two glasses of water an hour after each meal: This will aid digestion
- Drink a couple of glasses of water after you work out: This will make up for the fluid that you lost through sweating.
- Drink a glass before you go to bed
- Take frequent sips. Don’t wait until you get thirsty!
Researchers say that you have an urge to drink water when you are dehydrated!
Several studies show that as little as 1.6% of dehydration is enough to cause low mood, poor concentration, and frequent headaches. Fight dehydration perfectly with a brand new Spray Water Bottle
A special note to fitness junkies
Dehydration that results from sweating will affect your endurance and your performance!
Drinking two liters of water a day itself can help you burn 96 calories more per day
Here’s the logic behind this is: when you are well hydrated, your body functions well and so does your metabolism! Dehydration hinders your metabolism, causing you to burn fewer calories.
Did you know that you can lose excess weight and prevent diseases just by switching to hot water?
Pick warm to hot water over normal to chilled water. This simple measure itself will give you unbelievable benefits! There's a large water bottle available at our store right now! Start your hydration habit now!
Check the color!
Now that you’ve learned the importance of water intake and have began your new life devoted to water appreciation, how will you know exactly that you’ve had enough to drink? Check the color of your urine! The color of your urine should be clear or close to that of water. It indicates you are well hydrated! Anything darker than that means you should increase your water intake.